Going through emotions, I find the best way to express how I am feeling, in all it’s various facets, is to use a medium that can support an eclectic expression of ideas. I often turn to music to help me get things processed. I like that, because it seems to generate a very fulfilled sensation, as though I know my thoughts got responded to.
Typically, I’ll generate one of these playlists over a period of hours. I literally go through the alphabetical list of artists until I have around 80 songs or so selected that match my feelings. From that point, I crop the tracks until the playlist runs somewhere under 1 hour 20 minutes. That is pretty much the only criteria for this thing. It’s just so much fun, and answers a need to be seen from myself. After having constructed the sequence below, I feel uplifted, acknowledged and expressed.
This one goes out to all the broken hearts out there, aching in silence. The ebb and flow of the emotional sea is ever-churning. Be prepared to feel.
- Expecting To Fly – Buffalo Springfield
- Under The Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Cool Change – Little River Band
- Wild World – Cat Stevens
- Spinning The Wheel – George Michael
- Shape Of My Heart – Sting
- Down To The Waterline – Dire Straits
- Your Song – Elton John
- Check It Out – John Cougar Mellencamp
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Sanctuary – Ian Anderson
- I’m A Loser – The Beatles
- Long Train Runnin’ – The Doobie Brothers
- Shoot To Thrill – AC/DC
- I Get Around – The Beach Boys
- Animal – Def Leppard
- Untitled – Live
- Smooth – Santana & Rob Thomas