As I mark the end of 2017, I have started down a new career path in mental health. I have cast aside the burden of mechanized society, and embraced the need to help my peers. This new project will be about my direction, marked by the symbol I created, and posted on the site. The life and stigma contrast correctly illustrates the struggle all mentally ill people face as they plow through the world. We do what we can, learn from our failures and rise to meet new challenges. This project will be about me taking my own experiences and helping those who do not know where to go or need someone to be with them. Whatever the role, I am fully committed to pursuing hope and truth. In this project, I will establish my own sense of good mental health, help as many as I can achieve stability, and nourish a healthy environment to make my home.
Along with consistently taking my medication, I see that I am on a path towards improving functionality and better health. My family’s positive influence will keep me pointed in the right direction. At this stage in my life blog, I’m looking for meaning. Helping those who can’t help themselves calls to me as something I can do well. Time and practice will tell.
1. Receive full PSS training 1a. – completed 10 hour volunteer certification 2. Gain volunteer standing with NAMI affiliate in Sacramento
3. Achieve part-time employment with NAMI
3a. Make financial contributions towards independence and current arrangement
4. Gain private health insurance, new doctors, therapist
5. Hit +10,000 steps every day
6. Return to healthy/ideal weight of 175 – 180 lbs
7. Move into independent living space
8. Achieve self-sufficiency